“Cultivate the habit of being grateful for every good thing that comes to you, and to give thanks continuously. And because all things have contributed to your advancement, you should include all things in your gratitude.”
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Gratitude is perhaps the most important key to finding success and happiness in the modern day.
As an important mental health principle, the benefits of gratitude extend far beyond what we may imagine. Scientific studies have found that gratitude is associated with:
- Greater happiness
- More optimism and positive emotions
- New and lasting relationships
- Better health
- More progress toward personal goals
- Fewer aches and pains
- More alertness and determination
- Increased generosity and empathy
- Better sleep
- Improved self-esteem
Gratitude puts situations into perspective and helps us realise what we have. The awareness of what we’re grateful for can lessen our tendency to complain and want more all the time.
Gratitude strengthens relationships, improves health, reduces stress, and, in general, makes us happier, according to Dr. Emmons, who explains his research in this video.
Ways of Cultivating Gratitude
- Notice your day-to-day world from a point of gratitude and be amazed at all the goodness we take for granted.
- Gratitude requires humility, modesty and respectfulness. Explore where it fits in your life.
- Keep a gratitude journal and note one or more things you are grateful for on a daily basis.
- Sound genuinely happy to hear from the people who call you on the phone.
- Aim not to complain, criticise, or gossip for a week. Notice how much energy you were spending on negative thoughts.
- In a bad situation ask yourself: What can I learn? When I look back on this, without emotion, what will I be grateful for?
Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.
~ Omar Khayyam
While Gratitude is a great strategy for Happiness, Mindfulness and Selfcare are equally important elements on your journey to a happier life. On my quest to achieve and promote better life quality, I have created HypnoReiki, a technique that embraces both Hypnotherapy and Reiki into one powerful yet gentle enjoyable healing session. It is beneficial on every single level mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. It simply is the BEST anti stress and anxiety treatment which speeds up transformational healing and change.